Thursday, January 25, 2007

Last week of the holidays

This is the wind down - or should that be the wind up - of the holidays. In oen way I hate the holidays ending - I think of all the things I meant to do that I just didn't find time to do. On the other hand, I enjoy the beginning proper of the year -planning teaching, organising when the work trips are, thinking of better coping strategies for life etc.

One thing I am going to do is this:
Which will please certain key people in my life.

The other thing I'm going to do is to keep a reading journal - it will be just for reading. This because I bought a copy of Reading like a Writer - no I haven't read it yet. Stay posted for that. But I decided I wanted a record each year of what I've read, what I feel it taught me about writing and what I thought about the book and how it fits into the work of that particular writer. Some of my comments will probably be blogged but all will be recorded. I'm determined!

Other grand schemes for the year? Yes, to knit something (with stash yarn, of course!) from this book:

1 comment:

Carmsmars said...

good luck!