Monday, April 16, 2007

My Current Obssession!

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/auel/webroot/series.html

I totally get it that everyone else in the world has probably read these already, but I only started on Thursday night. Since then I have read Book 3 and Book 1. Book 3 because that's what the library had and I kept passing it and looking at it and finally, even though blockbuster fantasy books don't usually appeal to me, I borrowed. This often happens to me when I'm working on something - I'll spot a book and just have an indefinable feeling that it will help me write whatever it is that I'm writing at that moment, or thinking about writing.

This was true of the Jean Auel books - it's helped me define the kind of fantasy I most enjoy reading and this has lead me back to thinking of my own book.

Thank you Jean Auel!

No comments: