Thursday, September 25, 2008

Delirious Dreams and Competitons.

I've had a few thoughts since last posting on this blog. One was inspired by finding a Francesca Lia Block novel at the Belgrave Book Barn. They had two there and I couldn't bear not to buy both, so I did. Then I thought, well I could always give one away. Then I thought, why not have some blog competitions! So that's what I'll be doing in the next few months. Winners won't always receive new books, of course. Anyway, stay tuned for the inaugural blog competition - I'll post it the first week back from school holidays.

In the meantime, practise your writing with this exeercise.

If you've thought about your childhood and illness, take a step into fiction and give your sick child a surreal vision or delirious dream. This can become real for the child, taking you, the writer, gently into the realms of magic realism.

Over to you!

No comments: