Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Word Tree

Okay - as I confessed on the other blog, I'm just lurching from Word Tree to Word Tree at the moment. Snowed under with preparing next semester's courses, marking marking marking and of course - the AQFT stuff tafe makes us do these days. So snowed under have I been that I've also been sick for about six weeks. This made me resolve to take leave without pay from Box Hill Tafe for the rest of the year if it was at all possible. I have numerous writing commitments and no way of doing them without buying myself some time somewhere.

So, once I finish the next week and a half of administrivial hell, I'll be able to settle down and do some actual writing, which will be a fun thing and is something to look forward to. I'll also be able to tend my blogs more carefully.

In the meantime, catch up at The Word Tree - Saturday 4th July, featuring Kristin Henry (pretty appropriate date - Kristin originally comes from Chattanooga and has been described as having a voice like slow molasses) and a limited open section. 3.00 - 5.00 pm. $3.00/5.00. Burrinja Cafe, 351 Glenfern Road or cnr Glenfern and Matson Drive, Upwey. Melways ref 75 B12.

Look forward to seeing you there!

No comments: