Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Eighteenth Century meets Twilight

An interesting, thought-provoking article on Twilight and it's relationship to Richardson's novel of 1740, Pamela. Of particular interest, I think, to anyone writing or thinking of writing a Cinderella love story. I admit I haven't read the fourth Twilight book. I barely made it through the second and third - boring, anyone? All that non-action was a bit yawn-making. I was cheering for the werewolf myself. I mean, come on, Edward was such a nice boy - no problem introducing him to your parents. You'd know he'd mind his manners and not bite anyone over dinner. Jacob, on the other hand, was a bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. And didn't he ride a motorbike? What more do you want. Okay, bit too much facial hair from time to time but better than sparkles anytime. I want to be the one sparkling, not my deb partner! I digress. Read the article.

Don't forget the book launch, people - this Sunday, 3.00 - 5.-- pm at La Mama Theatre, 205 Faraday Street, Carlton. Aileen Kelly will be launching my new poetry collection, Marriage for Beginners. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Catherine

Well good luck on your book/poetry luanch. I love your books. i have read 2 and a half of your books and have so far loved them all. I have read the wish pony, megenta mcphee and half way tourgh being bee thanks
chloe
ps are there any more books coming out???

Cattyrox said...

Thanks Chloe. Having a launch is like having a party - you worry no one will turn up, then people do and you have a great time. I'm still at the worrying stage!

I will have another book out next September - seems a long way away, doesn't it? But, look out for Mimi and the Blue Slave then.