Wednesday, August 18, 2010

quiet weeks...

Just what I need. Time to focus on activities close to home. Sent out invites to the First Friday Book Club. Looked up the meeting dates of the Arachne spinners group. Spring cleaned some of my office yesterday and will continue that job today.

Reading Catherine Harris's short story collection, Like Being a Wife. Also Jane Smiley's Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel. I'll write about them later.

It's cold! Thank goodness I finished the Beth Jacket. I think I want more of these - the pattern's great, very easy. Yes, there's a few miles of moss stitich, but I don't mind that so much. I'd like to make one as a bed jacket in a suitable yarn. Maybe change the top bit so it was a little lacey...add some buttons, perhaps? My Beth Jacket is slightly too big, but that's okay. It's also slightly too short, but I can live with that, too. Just a pleasure to have knitted something I wear with joy and that isn't another pair of socks. Although, of course, I wear those with enormous joy, too. It's just that they are mainly hidden from public view.

Time to walk the dogs.

Oh - and back to the learning poems - this week, Joy Harjo's prose poem, 'Grace'. The poetry project continues...

No comments: