Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Orange Prize shortlisting is up

  • Emma Donoghue (Irish) - Room; Picador; 7th Novel
  • Aminatta Forna (British/Sierra Leonean) - The Memory of Love; Bloomsbury; 2nd Novel
  • Emma Henderson (British) - Grace Williams Says it Loud; Sceptre; 1st Novel
  • Nicole Krauss (American) - Great House; Viking; 3rd Novel
  • Téa Obreht (Serbian/American) - The Tiger’s Wife; Weidenfeld &; Nicolson; 1st Novel
  • Kathleen Winter (Canadian) - Annabel; Jonathan Cape; 1st Novel 
I'm looking forward to reading some of these. You can check out some comments on Annabel here. I also like the sound of the The Tiger's Wife - I'm interested in magic realism. I find it sometimes sings to me more than straight fantasy does.

In other publication news, The Wilful Eye, Volume One of Tales from the Tower is out. Beautiful looking book - can't wait to get hold of a copy!

No comments: