Sunday, January 06, 2013

5th January 2013

So far my resolutions are holding well - I've been swimming nearly every day this week and when I haven't swum, I've walked. I tend not to swim on the weekends because the pool doesn't open until 9.00 am and by then there are serious lapswimmers who have been waiting impatiently and it's more difficult to get a lane of your own. I need a lane of my own if I'm to do any backstroke as I waver all over the lane and am a danger to fellow swimmers. Of course, I can just ditch the backstroke, which I'm happy to do if sharing a lane is inevitable.

Last night I cooked - I've been on a bit of a fish binge lately so we had trevally with our own home grown tomato and onion stuffed zucchini. As I was using the oven, I also made a caramelised onion and goat's cheese tart for tonight.



I have started my first Cat Bordhi grown-up sock. And it's an unscheduled knitting night tonight, so I should make some progress on it. I'm knitting the Bartholomew sock with the sky architecture first. I do love the little cuff and also the linen stitch which shows off my watermelon yarn beautifully. Hard to get the colours absolutely correct on my $1.50 Aldi camera (it's a long story...) so this is the best photo I have:


Off to walk through the Hamer Arboretum. It's our new 'hard' walk with two long, slow hills but a lovely downhill walk at the end from Olinda swimming pool.

No comments: