Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Travelling

We've been in the United Kingdom for over a month. The list of places is rather like a found poem:

London
Hay-on-Wye
Stratford-Upon-Avon
Llangolen
Ambleside
Denholm
Edinburgh
Pitlochry
Croy
Moffat
New Mill

Although it would be more poetic if I listed the places we'd stayed:

Little Venice Studio
Old Black Lion
Ingon Farm
Brittania Inn
Brathay Lodge
Auld Cross Keys
Aaron Lodge
Old Mill Inn
Bablair Farm House
Well View
Horn Cote Cottage.

Shawl in progress
So far I have bought yarn from the Shetlands, Paris, London, Llanfair Caereinion, Edinburgh, Holmfirth and Huddersfield. Since I left home I have finished two already-started pairs of socks, completely completed another pair, completed fingerless mittens in Colinette jitterbug,  a mobieus cowl and a shetland shawl. I'm working on my second pair of socks out of Ziggyziggy Stardust Yarn from I Knit, Dye, London and I've started my second shetland shawl from baby alpaca yarn from the same shop.
Ziggyziggy Stardust Sock
  
My Bracken shawl





No comments: