Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry merry happy happy

Christmas knitting - think shrugs. I don't know what came over me but I decided to amke shrugs for Keith's sisters and his niece. Well, I do know what came over me. Yarn lust, no sizing, easy pattern, looks good and is peculiarly practical. I was still knitting on Christmas morning but I got there. I've never done full-scale Christmas knitting before. I used to do full-scale Christmas cooking - panfortes, james, pickles, almond bread. This Christmas it was knitting. I think I prefer knitting. There's this extra buzz with knitting because you get to pick the yarn and the pattern. I don't quite get that buzz settling down to make eggplant pickle - sure, I know eggplants come in many different sizes and colours, but they aren't fluffy, boucle or 10% cashmere.

If you're feeling post-Christmassy blue, check out The Enchanted Toasting Fork.

No comments: