Monday, February 08, 2010

The Year of Learning Poetry begins again

Seamus Heaney's 'Come to the Bower' one of the bog poems. His language is so sure - it's a beautiful piece. Very measured. Think I'll learn more of the bog poems. They have an intensity which is very engaging, but at the same time they have such steady authority.

Hot today - I walked the dogs around Birdsland learning 'Come to the Bower' which meant that I was distracted but the dogs must have felt it because as soon as they got in the house they stretched out on the kitchen lino and panted noisily. I worked at putting together my Life Writing online class, went to the gym and then sat at Belgrave pool, under the big trees there and read a book of essays about Memoir writing. It was beautifully refreshing. Rain predicted for tomorrow - and I hope it happens - my veggie garden is looking a little stricken.

No comments: