Thursday, March 29, 2012

Resolutions, tui birds and more...

So, nearly every holiday I come home with resolutions - or thoughts on how to proceed more easily, calmly or imaginatively with my life. I guess this holiday has been no exception. I've been so impressed with the wonderful craft work I've seen in New Zealand, including that obviously made and directed at the tourist market, that it's made me doubly determined to get on with my own makings. And to use the unique natural world that surrounds me as inspiration. But enough of resolutions. Here's a Tui bird - I was so thrilled when I saw my first one. They are both handsome and comical.

I'd love to spend more time over here - it's a wonderful country. Next trip will be the South Island - where my great-grandmother lived and both my grandfather and mother were born.

No comments: